Increasing log disk size on Panorama VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Increasing log disk size on Panorama VM

L4 Transporter

I have Panorama 10.1 running as a VM on ESX.  System disk is 224gb and log disk 500gb.  I have shut down the VM and moved the log disk to a larger store (2000mb). VCentre now shows the disk as 2TB. However when i boot Panorama it still sees /dev/sdb1 as 500gb. What Panorama commands would i have to run to make it see and use the actual capacity?

EDIT: If this were Linux, i would use a tool like growfs to adjust the size of /dev/sdb1. Windows has similar tools to modify disk partition sizes. Does PanOS have something similar?

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

According to this guide: Replace the Virtual Disk on an ESXi Server (paloaltonetworks.com) 

There is no option to modify a disk. You can either add a disk (in Panorama mode), or replace a disk with a fresh one.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!