Installing minemeld on a supported Operating system ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Installing minemeld on a supported Operating system ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04

L0 Member

Due to security requirements, we cannot run an unsupported operating system, however we need to install Minemeld to update office365 lists. 

Ubuntu 16.04 is unsupported as of April 2021.

Is there support for or an install method that works on Ubuntu 18.04lts or 20.04lts?

If you did get it working properly on a newer OS how did you do it? 

I see a large number of people asking these questions but I don't see any valid answers to them. 

Thanks!

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hey @jstine2 , @Ramakrishnan , @KPMG_NZ 

It is very sad that after Palo Alto stop supporting MineMeld and leave it to the open community there is no development and unfortunately I am guessing it will die soon.

However have you consider running MineMeld in Docker container?

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-articles/running-minemeld-using-docker/ta-p/289062

We have setup new MineMeld following the above steps couple of months ago and it is working flawlessly, but again...At this moment there is no one to maintain MineMeld 😞

View solution in original post

@jstine2 , @Ramakrishnan , @KPMG_NZ 

One importent notice I forgot to mention - if you need MineMeld only for Office365 or any of the Public cloud provider, you can may also consider using the EDL services provided by Palo Alto -  https://saasedl.paloaltonetworks.com/feeds.html

I haven't personaly used them yet, but hope they will stat longer than MineMeld.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

We are in the same boat, we need to install Minemeld on 20.04 LTS but it requires libleveldb1v5 and I believe this package doesn't exist anymore so I cannot proceed further.

sudo apt install -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite" -y minemeld
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
minemeld : Depends: libleveldb1v5 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

sudo apt-get install -y libleveldb1v5
Building dependency tree
Package libleveldb1v5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libleveldb1v5' has no installation candidate

L2 Linker

I too have same issue. I need to move this for PROD. Could any one help me on this please?

root@vm-02:/home/azuser# sudo apt install -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite" -y minemeld
Building dependency tree
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
minemeld : Depends: libleveldb1v5 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Hey @jstine2 , @Ramakrishnan , @KPMG_NZ 

It is very sad that after Palo Alto stop supporting MineMeld and leave it to the open community there is no development and unfortunately I am guessing it will die soon.

However have you consider running MineMeld in Docker container?

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-articles/running-minemeld-using-docker/ta-p/289062

We have setup new MineMeld following the above steps couple of months ago and it is working flawlessly, but again...At this moment there is no one to maintain MineMeld 😞

@jstine2 , @Ramakrishnan , @KPMG_NZ 

One importent notice I forgot to mention - if you need MineMeld only for Office365 or any of the Public cloud provider, you can may also consider using the EDL services provided by Palo Alto -  https://saasedl.paloaltonetworks.com/feeds.html

I haven't personaly used them yet, but hope they will stat longer than MineMeld.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!