Link Group and Subinterfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Link Group and Subinterfaces

L1 Bithead

Dear all,
I'm trying to set up our link monitor configuration in our 440, and I ran into an issue. Each of our physical interfaces has many subinterfaces, so the question is:
If I set up a Link monitor for a physical Interface with many subinterfaces, and only one of those subinterfaces fails, does it trigger a failover? Or do all of them have to go down for a failover to occur? Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You can set up path monitoring under Device > High Availability > Link and Path monitoring.

Set failure condition to "any" and configure IP from every sub-interface range to be monitored.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

How can one subinterface fail?

Yes, maybe I wasn't 100% precise. Downstream, those subinterfaces correspond to physical interfaces in Switches. What I am contemplating is the case in which those physical interfaces fail.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You can set up path monitoring under Device > High Availability > Link and Path monitoring.

Set failure condition to "any" and configure IP from every sub-interface range to be monitored.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!