Moving from 4.0 to 4.1 (affect on NetConnect users)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Moving from 4.0 to 4.1 (affect on NetConnect users)

L0 Member

I'm considering moving to the latest 4.1 release from 4.0.11, but I have a large number of SSL VPN users using the NetConnect client 1.3.2.  I believe they would have to use a Global Protect client once the OS is upgraded to 4.1.  What would be the best way to prepare for that?  Can I push the latest Global Protect client to these existing users and it will be backward compatible with 4.0 until the OS gets upgraded?  Is there a particular version I should use?  These users do not have admin rights on their machines.

Ian

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hi Ian,

I guess, you should go through this detailed step by step documentation of the GlobalProtect configuration for users upgrading from Net-Connect. It also covers the necessary migration steps and tips for customers using NetConnect remote access solution upgrading to PAN-OS 4.1.

Upgrading the software version will also migrate SSL VPN configuration into Global protect configuration for PAN Os 4.1.

Global protect should work with PAN-OS 4.0 but you can use netconnect till the OS is not upgraded.

Once upgraded to Global protect when the users go to the portal and download the client they would be asked for an option to uninstall netconnect from your machine.

Also the following link will help install GP client via AD GPO

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1737

FYI, go through the following technote:-

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Ian,

I guess, you should go through this detailed step by step documentation of the GlobalProtect configuration for users upgrading from Net-Connect. It also covers the necessary migration steps and tips for customers using NetConnect remote access solution upgrading to PAN-OS 4.1.

Upgrading the software version will also migrate SSL VPN configuration into Global protect configuration for PAN Os 4.1.

Global protect should work with PAN-OS 4.0 but you can use netconnect till the OS is not upgraded.

Once upgraded to Global protect when the users go to the portal and download the client they would be asked for an option to uninstall netconnect from your machine.

Also the following link will help install GP client via AD GPO

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1737

FYI, go through the following technote:-

Regards

Thank you!

Hi,

we also want to migrate from 4.0.10 to 4.1.x  but when i try to connect with GP to our PA it fails and there are no entries in the system log.

Does it only work when the GP client is installed on the PA and if it is licensed?

Regards

Stefan

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!