Multi Virtual system

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multi Virtual system

L1 Bithead

On a production PAN device if I want to create a new virtual system but I didn't enable the multi virtual system capability option intially would I be able to create a new one with disrupting the production network. The reason I'm asking this is when you create a virtual system all your configurations are tied upto the virtual system name. If I don't have one know how would I be able to create a new one.

6 REPLIES 6

L2 Linker

By default when you are making changes in a device with a single virtual

system you are working with vsys1 by default.  Enabling multiple vsys

(which also requires a license) will enable you to create a vsys2...vsys3

etc. depending on your platform and license installed. You should not have

any issues although with earlier versions I recall seeing a few errors on

initial configuration push after converting a box from single vsys to

multiple so be careful and inspect your config audit screen before

committing to ensure that there will be no interruption in production

services.

Thank you for the info. But I also heard that to enable multiple virtual system you require a reboot is that true.

No reboot is required.

Not applicable

I am attempting to enable multiple virtual systems but keep getting the following mesage:

multi Vsys.JPG

Try to reveret running config and enable that again

Are you getting Same error ?

That did resolve the issue.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!