Native VPN client on android phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native VPN client on android phone

L4 Transporter

I recently upgraded my PA 5050 to 7.1.9. Before that users could connect to the VPN could connect via their native VPN client on their android phones and today I got a call saying one user no longer could and it was failing on the encryption. Any ideas?

28 REPLIES 28

@jdprovine

I'm really interessted in the OS, just because with windows 10 I was not able to configure it. And the reason after a little troubleshooting was that paloalto does not support strong enough ciphers for windows 10.

@vsys_remo

so far I have tried it only on windows 8, I know you cannot configure the native client on windows 10 to work with the PA VPN, I am also going to test on a mac. I was also able to connect with the cisco vpn client and no longer can

would the tls version have anything to do with it

I don't think so because the native iOS / Android VPN clients do not connect with an SSL VPN tunnel. They use a plain ipsec vpn connection

so could it be a encryption issue something with isakmp

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!