PA-440 11.1.0 Reboot Loop Resolution

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-440 11.1.0 Reboot Loop Resolution

L2 Linker

Hello all,

I made the mistake a while back upgrading my PA-440's from the 10.x tree to 11.1.0. Out of 9 firewalls that I upgraded, three went into a reboot loop afterward. They would boot completely to the UI for around 10 seconds, reconnect VPN tunnels, etc, and then crash and reboot into a loop. Eventually they would arrive to the recovery console and idle until you connected and rolled the code back. After a few weeks, an additional firewall that had taken the upgrade without any problems ALSO went into this reboot loop with the same issue.

I had several tickets open with support on this issue, and one of them carried the logs away and analyzed them, and determined that the cause of the core dump was related to "cloud inline analysis", which was not a feature that I had enabled. Seemed like a bug to me!

I recently upgraded my PA-440's from 11.0.1-h2 to 11.0.3-h5, and had zero issues doing so. Then I moved them to 11.1.2-h1, and again have had zero issues. My cases on this topic are very old, and I was not able to re-open them, or append the case notes. So I am leaving this here in the hopes that it helps someone else with the same problem.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Replying to my own topic, as the problem and solution were posted together.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Replying to my own topic, as the problem and solution were posted together.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!