PAN-DB License not active

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-DB License not active

L3 Networker

Hi guys,

Applied two licenses to my devices in HA for a one months extension for PAN-DB URL filtering. I applied it to the passive first successfully (shows as active), but now the current active doesn't have an active URL license.

I have followed the document below which is mainly to do with migrating databases, however we moved off of Brightcloud last year and have had a PAN DB license for a year. It's only now that I have applied a months license I am seeing a non-functional, vendor URL mismatch error with a non-active license.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/Mismatched-URL-Vendor-on-High-Availability-...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Jack

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

All sorted:

Re-downloaded the license, suspended active to passive, activated the license. Done.

This was only successful once I removed the old Brightcloud license keys that expired over a year ago.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

So did you suspend active device after adding license to passive one?

Then apply license to now active (previously passive) device so that both would have Pan-DB license.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Hi Raido,

Thanks for the response.

The Brightcloud license (which expired last year) was still shown as active on one of the devices, and the license keys for Brightcloud were still on both devices. I have removed these licenses and will be following the document below on migrating from Brightcloud to PAN-DB which should resolve the issue. This will be carried out after hours so I will report back later.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Migrate-URL-Database-from-BrightClou...

Cheers

Jack

All sorted:

Re-downloaded the license, suspended active to passive, activated the license. Done.

This was only successful once I removed the old Brightcloud license keys that expired over a year ago.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!