Skype-Probe Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Skype-Probe Problem

L3 Networker

Hi All,

It's again me, with my issues! :smileygrin:

I was asking for this issue  once, but didn't find any solution.

So there were going Skype-probe requests to an XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX ip address with application(Skype-Probe).It took one week.Then when we noticed, i restarted the internet interface of that host(wi-fi interface) and Everything is working properly fine now.There aren't any such requests any more from that host.Buy the way.During that week that laptop(Macbook Pro) wasn't going to shut down, just going to sleep.

Huge Thanks

Tigran

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it is possible to run a process, even in sleep mode. In sleep mode, all process will not be in complete shutdown state. Hence, a restart clears all cache and counters. It is not necessary that the Laptop affected by a virus, but as Ssharma suggested, you may run an AV , just to verify for a better and longer stability.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hello Tigran,

As we discussed before, there is a possibility  that the process was hung on that Laptop.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Hi Tigran,

With skype-probe and macbook pro not able to shutdown, it seems like the either the laptops in questions are compromised with some virus or there is an OS bug with the mac. Shutdown process is entirely local to the machine, any other device or process outside the laptop should not interfere with the process. I would suggest you to run AV on the laptop in question or check on Macbook forum to see if anyone has seen issue similar to yours. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Hulk,

What do you think how can i detect that? And is it possible to run processes when the Macbook is in sleep mode?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible to run a process, even in sleep mode. In sleep mode, all process will not be in complete shutdown state. Hence, a restart clears all cache and counters. It is not necessary that the Laptop affected by a virus, but as Ssharma suggested, you may run an AV , just to verify for a better and longer stability.

Thanks

Hi sshatma,

Thanks for response, but i think, you understood me not well enough.The laptop doesn't shutdown.i was telling that, during the 1 week, the laptop was after work only on sleep mode, not shouted down.We discussed this issue with HULK and probably some process or processes hung or were working not right or were corrupt.But i think, can processes continues in sleep mode?or not? i don't remember in what time that processes was working. Smiley Happy)

Thanks a lot HULK.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!