General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

pa-450 software no update information available

Hi,

I installed new pa-450 on 10.1.3 from config exported from pa-820 on sw version 9.

Device is registered properly. Dynamic updates work without any problems. All licenses are resolved properly from license server and applied properly.

During softw

bkrajnik by L1 Bithead
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes

VM PA Firewall on esxi

Hi Team, 

I am trying to install a vm pa firewall on esxi host. Downloaded the ova of 11.2.0 base image and installed. When I configure management interface it comes up. But none of the data plane interfaces are coming up. Reinstalled once again and

Aruba Central - Palo Alto - User ID Question

Hey Guys,

I have a bunch of access points in Aruba Central, we are currently using UserID as a way to assign username to IP address with Palo Alto. I have found these instructions https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/central/latest/content/aos

Firewall in Not Ready state after Factory Reset

Howdy! I recently inherited a PA-5050 from work for my homelab, and I go to try and configure it, but I notice that the firewall states that it isn't ready, and whenever I try committing a change, it says All daemons are not available. It was in a wo

physicsprop_0-1689401846537.png
physicsprop_1-1689401871580.png
physicsprop_2-1689401888474.png

Running SSH commands

We have a used Palo alto PA-3050 and with a support of someone in this community have configured the management IP address and default gateway. We have used the web interface to configure DNS.

The device is running PANOS 9.1.15-h1 and we understand t

andrewk by L0 Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes

Panorama restore from HyperV replica

Dear awesome ppl,

I was wondering if anyone done any Disaster Recovery for Panorama? I would like to pull the entire HyperV VM from our backup..to restore Panorama virtual appliance..don't really want to get rebuild with the config file as Sdwan ZT

Resolved! PAN OS Upgradation

Hello Team,

I am planning to upgrade my Palo alto device which model number is PA-4050, current software running on that firewall is 5.0.11. I need to upgrade that in N-1 version could you please suggest the upgradation path so that I can download

ANilawar by L0 Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! SSL Inspection issues with GlobalProtect users

We're having some strange SSL/TLS Inspection errors while on GlobalProtect. We are getting unsupported-parameter errors while a user is connected to GlobalProtect trying to get to any internet site, including things like google.com. Doing a packet ca

Claw4609 by L5 Sessionator
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Likes

PA VM Interfaces Not Appearing

Hello Community,

I'm in the process of building a new PA VM. I've added the interfaces in ESXi and rebooted. However, the interfaces still don't appear when I issue the command show interface all, see images below.

Can someone let me know what I'm

interfacept1.png
interfacept2.png

Elastic search suddenly down

Hi,

I am writing this to ask if anyone has experience with ES suddenly down? After restart only logs become normal. I need idea on what we can check to know the root cause of ES suddenly down.

DNS sinkhole , some questions

I'm a SOC analyst, and we receive firewall logs regarding DNS sinkhole alerts. I'm trying to understand them better.

I have received multiple logs of this type, and I want to make sure I understand them correctly.

In this log, the domain that was q

Resolved! PA820/PA3220 Release date

Hello all,

Does anyone know what's the PA820 and PA3220 release date?

I've been looking on the internet and I have only found information about the EOL.

• 24191 Posts
  • 101 Subscriptions
This widget could not be displayed.
Top Solution Authors
Top Liked Authors
Labels