super user missing google authenticator problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

super user missing google authenticator problem

L0 Member

Hello
Google authenticator has been deleted on the phone of a user with super user privileges and cannot log in to sso.paloaltonetworks.com.
What method should we use to solve the problem?
Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@BeymenAdmin,

The fastest way to deal with this is to have another user associated with the account open a case to have this reset on their end. Support will clear things to restore access relatively quickly and you don't have to go through any additional hurdles.

If that isn't an option, you can utilize the login assistance form and they'll reset things as long as you can verify a serial number or auth code. I've both seen them reach out and verify the request, and I've seen them just do it and let you know things have been reset without verification.

I would hope that they're actively reaching out to an actual listed account contact to verify things at this point, but like I said I've seen it go both ways in the past. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!