types of PA firewall inspection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

types of PA firewall inspection

L1 Bithead

Hello community!

I have a question, checking my stick high firewall, I wanted to know if in my firewall I could configure the inspection mode. I have seen another product from another manufacturer that has 2 inspection modes that are the flow mode and the proxy mode. I would like to know if in stick high I also have that functionality available, if so please appreciate being able to share information to be able to review it and be able to perform the configuration.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @o_hernandez 

As @MP18 correctly assumes, this is not like it is possible with fortigate firewalls. PaloAlto only supports flow based inspection.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Not entirely sure what you are asking. However the PAN can be configured in several ways that can inspect the traffic. Perhaps if you could clarify your question, we could help out further.

Regards,

Thank you for your response, and sorry for not letting me understand.

For example, the Fortigate firewall has 2 inspection modes, the base flow mode and the proxy mode, my question is The Palo Alto firewall, does it also have these types of inspection modes?

In Palo Alto we have different  ways to configure firewall like in layer 3, layer 2, wire etc.?

This depends the on topology of the network.

Is this you are asking for?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

@MP18 No, I want to know if Palo Alto firewall has inspection modes similar to the inspection mode of fortigate firewalls (proxy and flow mode).

I do not think so it has similar to Fortigate Firewall.

Lets see if someone chimes in

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L7 Applicator

Hi @o_hernandez 

As @MP18 correctly assumes, this is not like it is possible with fortigate firewalls. PaloAlto only supports flow based inspection.

@Remo  Thank you for your comment, you have information that you could share about what you mentioned to be able to have more extensive operation of the PA firewall.

@o_hernandez what do you mean about more extensive operation information? You cannot cpnfigure something else than flow based inspection - or I did not understand your question.

More information about packet processing on a paloalto firewall you can find here: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClVHCA0

Thanks you @Remo 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!