WEBUI Session Timing Out

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
LIVEcommunity is undergoing scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, June 5. No service interruption is expected. Thank you for your patience.

WEBUI Session Timing Out

L0 Member

Hello,

On my PA-820 I started getting the idle timeout message below:

"Your login session has expired and you have been logged out for security reasons. Please log in again if you wish to continue."

Normally this was never an issue and I simply logged back in after being idle. Starting about 2 weeks ago I cannot log back into the WEBUI under normal circumstances. I get caught in a session expired loop. This has been replicated on my device with 2 separate accounts, but my co-worker does not have this issue leading me to believe the problem is isolated to my device.

I can access the WEBUI on Incognito mode and via CLI.

Note: We are required to use MS Edge by corporate policy. Using another browser would certainly work, but not in my context.

Relevant KB's I've found:

"Session timed out" when logging on using Web GUI (paloaltonetworks.com)

WEBUI session logs out with message: You have been logged out d... - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Netw...

Troubleshooting steps (tried logging in after each listed step):

• I tried the typical clear cache/cookies for Microsoft Edge
  • Repaired MS Edge
  • Reinstalled MS Edge
  • Deleted all admin sessions via CLI with >delete admin-sessions
    • This resulted in a successful login then reverted back to the same error.
  • Adjusted the idle timeout to indefinite to see if that would allow me to login since it can never expire (it did not)
  • Rebooted MGMT Plane via CLI with >debug software restart process management-server
  • Rebooted entire NGFW
    • This resulted in a successful login then reverted back to the same error.

This isn't a huge issue as I can simply access everything though CLI or incognito... but it's incredibly annoying and I'd like to try and fix it! Has anyone experienced this problem and what was a permanent solution?

Thanks!

-RH747
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

Quick update:

I started getting the same message in incognito so my workaround was shot. My last resort was upgrading to the next preferred PAN-OS version. It seems to be working well enough. Only time will tell if it happens again. Fingers crossed.

-RH747

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

Quick update:

I started getting the same message in incognito so my workaround was shot. My last resort was upgrading to the next preferred PAN-OS version. It seems to be working well enough. Only time will tell if it happens again. Fingers crossed.

-RH747
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!