GlobalProtect for iOS and Intune data attributes

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect for iOS and Intune data attributes

L2 Linker

Hello everyone!  I'm currently working on setting up GlobalProtect and having it send appropriate HIP data to the firewall.  I got Windows devices working pretty well, but I'm struggling with iOS devices that are managed by Intune

According to https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/10-1/globalprotect-admin/mobile-endpoint-management/... there are 4 attributes that are supported by GlobalProtect, but I can't figure out how to get GlobalProtect to send this info to the firewall

I went through and configured Intune to send a VPN configuration (https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/10-1/globalprotect-admin/mobile-endpoint-management/...) and it installs fine, but the HIP data does not contain the 4 attributes.  I'm running the latest GlobalProtect client on iOS (6.0.5) and the firewalls are running PAN-OS 10.2.3.

Does anybody know how to make this work?  I'm sure I'm just missing a step someplace

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Was there a solution for this?

Thanks,
Ken

L2 Linker

Ends up it is basically not supported.  In Intune you can configure the VPN policy to send out the attributes but they are static.  So in the end it wasn't useful at all.  If you use AirWatch (Vmware ONE or something) it works much better apparently.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!