GlobalProtect VPN not working on T-Mobile Home Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect VPN not working on T-Mobile Home Internet

L4 Transporter

Over the past couple of weeks we have been getting more and more support tickets stating that our users can't connect to GlobalProtect VPN. The one common thread they have is they all have T-Mobile Home Internet. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix or workaround? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

The workaround that worked for me was to change the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) to 1300. Then I disconnected from the VPN and reconnected and everything started working again.

Here is a link that provides the steps to decrease the MTU on the Virtual Ethernet connection for Global Protect: https://community.t-mobile.com/troubleshooting-38/globalprotect-vpn-not-working-with-t-mobile-35992

Steps.png

L1 Bithead

We had similar issues in Switzerland with the Provider "sunrise". We also reduced the MTU size in the App Config of Global Protect. im currntly not 100% sure what the value is, if needed i can update the case here. But defently check the MTU size.

L0 Member

A command to test connectivity using different MTU’s was suggested by Palo TAC:

ping google.com -f -l XXXX   (XXXX being a value between 1200 and 1400)

we were unable to get over 1300 and never reliably .

I was getting an IP address in 101.188.67.134 IP Location: Melbourne, Australia AU From Central Ohio

machine would not connect reliably to anyconnect or Global Protect  The only GP connection was to Korea or SouthEast US

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!