GlobelProtect portal started failing authentications, was fine this morning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobelProtect portal started failing authentications, was fine this morning

L0 Member

Our normal firewall guy is out on extended leave starting last Friday, and I am pretty much a neophyte with this system. 

Here's what I've got.  We've got 2 portals as follows portalA.ourdomain.com and portalB.ourdomain.com.  They were both working fine until this morning when portalB stopped authenticating users.  It fails whether you use the VPN client or if you go directly to that URL.  It tells everybody they have invalid credentials.  PortalA still works just fine with both VPN client and URL.

1.  There are 3 remote users who are still connected to B who have never been booted.  Those connections seem fine and keep generating gateway-hip-checks and gateway-tunnel-latency events in the GlobalProtect logs in the firewall portal.  But no one else can connect.

2.  When I intentionally try to log into Portal A with bad credentials, I get an error under "Monitor - System" for "auth-fail."  When I try to log into Portal B with any credentials, good or bad, no event is generated.

3.  In the client logs, "prelogin to portal" does not appear to be returning an error but I also don't see any "portal-prelogin" events being generated under Logs - GlobalProtect in the firewall portal.

I'm uploading the client log.  Any ideas would be welcome.  Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!