How to restrict GP Portal authentication to specified countries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to restrict GP Portal authentication to specified countries

L1 Bithead

I'm seeing multiple failed login attempts from China & Russia.   I know I can restrict access to source countries with GP Gateway which I'm currently doing but how can I do this with the Global Protect Portal?

4 REPLIES 4

L2 Linker

Hi,

the Region configuration is under GP portal, im guessing that you meant that you want to configure the region under the gateway?
you can configure a policy rule for the gateway to not allow traffic from certain country's.

the region configuration under portals->agent-external is not enabling any users from those chosen country's to connect to the portal.

hope that i made things clear, im here for more questions

thank you.

Hi, no, what I'm asking about is restricting the web portal for the GP Portal based on source location.  So far I've just disabled Portal Login Page found under Network > GlobalProtect > Portals > General > Appearance.   I'm already doing geographic restrictions from the portal to the GlobalProtect Gateways.   I do like to have the Portal Login Page enabled just for testing and allowing for vendors to grab our latest Global Protect Agent.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @bpotter98 ,

Traffic from the untrust zone to the interface in the same untrust zone is allowed by the intrazone-default rule.  The easiest way to solve your problem is to create a drop rule (which will be above intrazone-default) that will drop all countries you do not want.

Rule Type:  intrazone

Source Zone:  Untrust

Source Address:  List you countries you want to allow and check Negate.

Destination Address:  Portal IP (could also be any if you want to block for all public IP addresses)

Application:  Any

Service/URL Category:  Any

Action:  Drop

You can choose not to log if you don't want the clutter, but you may need to enable for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

I will give that a try.   Thank you!

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!