VPN portal migration to Cloud

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPN portal migration to Cloud

L1 Bithead

Hi Team

We have a GP portal vpn.example.com which is hosted on a physical NGFW where we use SAML for authentication.

Now we want to move it to cloud, hence we have to generate a new SAML  for this portal IP with the FQDN vpn.example.com.

We want to use the same FQDN for GP portal on cloud. I am not sure about the IDP (SAML) side configuration but I believe they map the SAML file with FQDN/IP.

How do I proceed in this case if I want to test the new cloud GP portal setup because if I generate new SAML with this FQDN it will mess up my existing GP portal setup.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@shubhamgupta,

You would need to look at your IDP and see how they actually handle the authentication on their side of things to see if the attempt coming from a new IP would actually matter. In some instances it would, but in others the IP that services the request has literally no bearing and its all handled via certificates. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!