High Availability with ARP load sharing unstable PING to VIP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

High Availability with ARP load sharing unstable PING to VIP

Hello Everyone,

I’m deploying 2 PANW devices at Active/Active state with ARP loadsharing.
The diagram: Server (192.168.1.0/24) — PANW.
The Gateway for server is: 192.168.1.254 (PANW Primary Device: 192.168.1.252, Secondary device: 192.168.1.253).
The configure like bellow:
+ ARP Loadsharing: IP Modulo.
+ Session owner: Primary device.
+ Session Setup: First Packet.

My server use ICMP to healcheck gateway for monitoring.
In this issue, my server can ping to the gateway when it received ARP of Primary device but sometime my server cannot ping to gateway because this server received ARP of Secondary device. 
In PANW’s document, I saw if we choose IP modulo at ARP load sharing the client will be received Primary's ARP for even client ip and Secondary’s ARP for odd client IP. But in my situation is not correct. With the same client ip, sometime it received primary's ARP, sometime it received secondary's ARP so the ping for monitoring is unstable.

Does anyone can help me on this issue ?

Thank You,
AAAA 

AAA
0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!