3260 Upgrade to 11.1.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

3260 Upgrade to 11.1.0

L1 Bithead

Hey Community,

My environment recently went through some changes requiring it to be shutdown for a few months and be moved to a new location. It is now settled in and back up, however we still do not have internet yet and I want to start patching the many fixes we missed and to fix the ongoing certificate expiration issue. I have managed to download and offline patch our PA-3260 up to 11.0.3-h3 but I was hoping to be able to push into 11.1.0. I have downloaded 11.1.0-h2 and 11.1.1 but when I attempt to go from 11.0.3-h3 to 11.1.0-h2 my device says that I need the 11.1.0 base first before I can make that jump. I have been searching through the updates page but I can not seem to find that version base for this device anywhere. I have tried other bases such as the one for the VM and Pano as a last ditch attempt to see if that might work but it didn't. Can anyone offer any insight into where I might be able to find this base file if it isn't up on Palo's update page or maybe another way to push up into 11.1.x without 11.1.0 that I might be missing?

Thanks!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @FrankMcAnally

thank you for sharing details. I am afraid without valid support you will not be able to get the image / upgrade firewall. To resolve it you will have to renew support contract.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @FrankMcAnally

that base image is available for download. Could login to support portal, then navigate to: Updates > Software Updates, then select PA-3200 from Content Type:

PavelK_0-1711579196559.png

Kind Regards

Pavel

L1 Bithead

Pavel,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I don't see that available for me under software updates. The Only pull down menu that offers updates for me for the "PAN-OS for the PA_3200 Platform" is in the Urgent Updates section. Even then, it doesn't seem to offer 11.1.0 base, only 11.1.0-h2 and 11.1.1 (screenshot 1). What I see under the software updates section for PAN-OS not including PAN-OS Container Images and Pan-OS OpenConfig is in the second screenshot. Then the menu goes into updates for Global Protect, Pano, etc. I'm a bit perplexed. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Palo_Updates.png

palo2_updates2.png

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @FrankMcAnally

thank you for reply.

It looks like that PA-3200 Platform image is not available under content update in your account. Only images for platforms you have valid subscription for will show up in content update. Could you in support portal go to: Products > Assets, then could you confirm that your PA-3260 is registered there with active support?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Good morning @PavelK,

Thank you again for your response. The attached image below is what I see for our registered products.

palo_update3.png

While we have 3 3260's, the one with the menu open is the one we are actively using and I am truly concerned about finding a solution for. While some of the licenses have expired for services on the device itself but I assume that device themself do not expire once registered to at least be allowed customers to continue to get updates?

And to answer what I think you might ask, no we can not switch to one of the other two. One of them has the exact same licenses and expiration dates. The other is long expired and definitely not usable or patchable.

Otherwise I believe you are correct and I can no long retrieve major patches due to the devices subscription being expired. Unless you see something I am missing here.

Thank you again!

Frank

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @FrankMcAnally

thank you for sharing details. I am afraid without valid support you will not be able to get the image / upgrade firewall. To resolve it you will have to renew support contract.

Kind Regards

Pavel

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!