Palo Alto - previous software disappeared after uploading 11.1.0-h3 version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Palo Alto - previous software disappeared after uploading 11.1.0-h3 version

L0 Member

Hello,

I wanted to update out Palo Alto 440 to a newer version and manually uploaded the 11.1.0-h3, however afterwards I can't see the previously uploaded softwares. When I checked in cli, they show up but with size 0 and I can't reupload any of them because it says they already exist. Now what can I do? If I reboot the device will it stop working without a valid file?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Do they appear if you press "Check Now" button at the bottom of the screen?

Does your firewall have active support? Out of support devices don't show software versions.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

No, the "check now" button doesn't work, as you noted because it doesn't have active support. However that doesn't really explain why all previously downloaded and installed versions seem to have disappeared

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

If you start deleting those versions that are visible then hidden ones that were downloaded in the past start appearing. Devices without support show only few software versions in GUI.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!