"The Block Private Key Export" option - Strange Behavior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

"The Block Private Key Export" option - Strange Behavior

L2 Linker

I read the following explanation about the "The Block Private Key Export" option :  You can permanently block the export of private keys for certificates when you generate them in or import them into PAN-OS or Panorama.

I tested this option for the certificate generated by an external CA as shown below:

1.png

I submitted the CSR to the CA server using a template to generate a Subordinate CA so that the Firewall will be able to use it for SSL Decryption for outbound SSL traffic.

When I upload the certificate, notice the missing icon that would indicate that the private key can be exported.

3.png

Now when I export the certificate, the firewall invite me to export the private key and the export is successful.

What's wrong?

Because for the Self Signed Certificate, the "The Block Private Key Export" option works fine as shown below:

Capture d'écran 2024-01-12 230321.png

6.png

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!