Panorama 10.1 Rest API - Is there a way to add Static Route directly?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama 10.1 Rest API - Is there a way to add Static Route directly?

L0 Member

I am trying to add static routes to the PaloAlto device using Panorama REST API, I see we don't have direct option to add the static routes, all that we have to do is to edit the Virtual Router(a bucket where Static route option resides). Unlike RestAPI, Ansible has a option to add the static route directly(validated working).

Any option/shortcut to add Static Route via Rest API?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Is this what you're looking for? If you webpage to your firewall at https://IPAddress/resetpai-doc you'll get a full list.

Claw4609_0-1707490426430.png

Access the PAN-OS REST API (paloaltonetworks.com)

L0 Member

Thank you for the suggestion @Claw4609, I had gone through the recommended page before I posted this. There is a ansible module for Panos(paloaltonetworks.panos_static_route) which executes the job clean. I simply want to add the static route, but the Rest API allows me to edit the Virtual Routers(Virtual routers --> Routing table --> Static Route), where I had to collect the previous static route entries, store it somewhere and while editing the Virtual router, call the stored routes, append it with new entries.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!