Settings from global-template stack not showing on local pan-template but are showing in the template-stack.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Settings from global-template stack not showing on local pan-template but are showing in the template-stack.

L4 Transporter

I have configured a global-template on Panorama and added some settings to it such as Netflow, SMTP, SNMP and what have you.  I have a template for the local pan called pan-template and a template-stack that contains both global and pan-template with pan-template at the top.  The problem I am having is settings from global-template are not showing on the pan-template in panorama so I can't apply them.  But when I look locally at the firewall I see the configuration and it says 'template-stack (read only).'  

From my reading I believe I am doing this the right way but I am not able to see/apply anything from the global-template to the pan-template in order to push it down to the firewall itself.  Should I be seeing the global-template settings on my pan-template, or will I not because the pan-template is above the global?  And if that is the case what is the right way to do this so that all of my global-template settings can be applied to all of my firewalls via Panorama?

EDIT: I can't even apply the global-template settings locally on the firewall as they are 'template-stack (read only)' as well.  So how the hell am I supposed to apply global-template settings to network interfaces that exist in the pan-template and template-stack?  

EDIT-V2:  If I override the interfaces in the template-stack I can add the netflow profile but why is that? 

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Some pics to illustrate, fw-template has the interfaces but no netflow.  My global-template has the netflow configuration but obviously no interfaces and the template_stack has both but set to read only.  The template_stack has both the global-template and fw-specific templates applied with the fw-template at the top. 

This doesn't seem right to me because it makes it so I can't apply any shared settings from the global-template to the firewall unless I override the template_stack.   Can someone tell me how I am supposed to be doing this so that any settings that I want shared between templates can be applied to a device specific template? 

drewdown_0-1706904321623.png

drewdown_1-1706904355810.png

drewdown_2-1706904396456.png

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @drewdown

thanks for posting.

To be able to override template stack, you will have to click on "override" button located on the bottom of the screen, then template stack will be editable:

PavelK_1-1707109828897.png

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Ok so I can override the network interface on the stack and that will allow me to apply the NETFLOW setting from my global template.  

Thanks for your help @PavelK 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!