Why does not "summarize-mobile-user-routes" display on running-config.xml ? Related to PAN-232831.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does not "summarize-mobile-user-routes" display on running-config.xml ? Related to PAN-232831.

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I'm using Panorama managed Prisma Access and facing PAN-232831.

(MU Pool is not advertised correctly.)

So I disabled "summarize-mobile-user-routes" for all RNs.

Then I checked running-config.xml of Panorama, "summarize-mobile-user-routes no" is displayed for some RNs,

but not for some RNs. All RNs are unchecked on the GUI.

Is it correct that "summarize-mobile-user-routes" is disabled for all RNs?

Why doesn't that display on xml?  

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

@MotokiIshii wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Panorama managed Prisma Access and facing PAN-232831.

(MU Pool is not advertised correctly.)

So I disabled "summarize-mobile-user-routes" for all RNs.

Then I checked running-config.xml of Panorama, "summarize-mobile-user-routes no" is displayed for some RNs,

but not for some RNs. All RNs are unchecked on the GUI.

Is it correct that "summarize-mobile-user-routes" is disabled for all RNs?

Why doesn't that display on xml?  

Hello, @MotokiIshii 

It appears that you’ve encountered a known issue with Prisma Access, identified as PAN-232831, where the Mobile User (MU) Pool is not being advertised correctly. Disabling “summarize-mobile-user-routes” for all Remote Networks (RNs) is a step towards addressing this issue.

If “summarize-mobile-user-routes no” is displayed for some RNs in the running-config.xml but not for others, despite all RNs being unchecked in the GUI, it could be due to a discrepancy between the GUI settings and the actual configuration file. This might happen if the changes in the GUI have not been fully committed or synchronized with the running configuration.

To ensure that “summarize-mobile-user-routes” is disabled for all RNs, you may want to:

Verify the Commit: Ensure that all changes made in the GUI have been committed successfully.
Synchronize Configurations: If the commit was successful, try synchronizing the configurations again to see if the running-config.xml reflects the changes.
Check for Known Issues: Review any known issues related to Prisma Access that might explain this behavior.

I hope this step is helpful for you.

Best Regard,
diana658h

Hello @MotokiIshii,

When you disable "summarize-mobile-user-routes" for all RNs, you expect to see this reflected in the running-config.xml file for all RNs, but it's only displayed for some RNs and not for others, even though all RNs are unchecked in the GUI.

Ensure that the configuration changes made in the Panorama GUI have been successfully synced to all managed devices, including the RNs. Check the device group hierarchy in Panorama to ensure that all RNs are included in the correct device groups where the "summarize-mobile-user-routes" setting is applied. Verify if there are any local overrides or device-specific settings that may be affecting the "summarize-mobile-user-routes" setting for certain RNs.PAN-232831 might be related to a software bug or issue that affects the consistent application of configuration settings across all devices.Despite the discrepancy in the running-config.xml file, manually verify the actual behavior of the "summarize-mobile-user-routes" setting on the affected RNs to ensure that it is functioning as expected.

I hope this will help you. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 62 Subscriptions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!