Prisma Cloud Compute Defender missing iptables executables

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Prisma Cloud Compute Defender missing iptables executables

L0 Member

I'm using Prisma Cloud Compute Edition 22.01.880 in a Kubernetes cluster.  Under Radars > Settings > Network Monitoring, I have container and host network monitoring turned on.  I deploy the Defenders to the Kubernetes nodes using a DaemonSet.  When I look at the logs for the Defender, I see a lot of the following errors:

`failed to save iptables Twistlock defender completed with an error: exec: "iptables-save": executable file not found in $PATH exit status 1`
`failed to restore iptables Twistlock defender completed with an error: exec: "iptables-restore": executable file not found in $PATH exit status 1`

If I shell into the Defender pod, I cannot find any executables for `iptables-*`.  And, I think that this is causing my Containers Radar to not show network connections.   

Am I misconfiguring something?  Or do the Defender images need the executables added from Palo Alto?

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

The error message below could be related to an issue with k8s kube proxy. Please consider reviewing the logs in the kube-proxy pods in kube-system namespace for clues and verify the logs from the defender pods are coming from /var/lib/twistlock/log/defender.log. If the kube-proxy logs do not provide any useful information you can recycle the kube-proxy pods to help clean things up as well. k8s will create new ones for you. If the logs from /var/lib/twistlock/log/defender.log on the defender do not provide any clues and restarting the kube-proxy pods do not help, please contact support so we can assist further.
error:
`failed to save iptables Twistlock defender completed with an error: exec:

"iptables-save": executable file not found in $PATH exit status 1`
`failed to restore iptables Twistlock defender completed with an error: exec:

"iptables-restore": executable file not found in $PATH exit status 1`

None
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!