PAN-OS SDWAN routing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-OS SDWAN routing

L1 Bithead

Greetings,

I’m struggling to find the most elegant solution to turning up SDWAN in a large BGP environment.

I have a MPLS mesh with two hubs where I’m attempting to add path resiliency via distributed DIA circuits. Sounds simple, BUT the MPLS cloud is connected with multiple 3rd party organizations’ connections with over 400 advertised network routes with needed resources published.  The SDWAN plug-in doesn’t seem to allow dynamically learned routes to propagate onto the overlay network via the hub, other than me hand jamming those 400+ networks into the hub advertised routes section or hazarding to override the virtual router template on the hub firewall.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated !

These routes are BGP learned and are subject to change 

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Did you ever get an answer to this? I got some information about using communities and redistribution rules, but it's cumbersome and best, and still requires manual configuration on a per-site basis, as well as finding the automatically created community per site. I can give you what little information I've got, or if you have something better I'd love to hear what you did.

L1 Bithead

I did not. We up to a dozen branch sites, all manually configured.  I wish there was an auto VPN feature, without dictating the overlay routing regime.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!