Prisma SD-WAN static route redistribution to BGP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Prisma SD-WAN static route redistribution to BGP

L0 Member

Hello all, 

We have multiple vIONs (in DC mode) interconnecting our AWS clouds with our Prisma SD-WAN environment, via the AWS TGW CloudBlade integration.  Also, we're using the vIONs to terminate some 3rd party VPNs.  The VPN routes, if learned via BGP, are redistributed to other BGP peers with no problem.  However, static route redistribution to BGP does not work.  

From an earlier conversation with the TAC, this issue may be endemic to the DC mode of operation and has long been an unfulfilled feature request.  However, has anyone else run into this redistribution problem with Prisma SD-WAN?  Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

JB

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Yup. Same problem here.

This is infuriatingly dumb. This is not really a feature request as much as a broken beta software issue.

In addition to having to work around the networking shortcomings of Azure, I now have to work around the shortcomings of both Azure and the Palo Alto IONs. Receiving broken networking functionality from Microsoft (or other cloud providers) is something I can deal with, but I expect better from Palo Alto. At least Azure has the excuse that it's fake networking.

• 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!