Bootstrap VM-series AWS firewalls not showing in Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Bootstrap VM-series AWS firewalls not showing in Panorama

L2 Linker

I'm currently trying to bootstrap a number of VM series firewalls in AWS using Terraform. So far, it appears to be mostly successful.

After provisioning the firewalls, I can see the S3 bucket being used is successfully detected from the AWS console. I get the following messages:

INFO: Media detected, Starting media sanity check

INFO: Bootstrap media sanity check passed

INFO: Initial configuration processed from init cfg file

I can access the firewall via SSH (still using the private key used to provision the firewalls) and the logs show:

info hw bootstr 0 Bootstrap successfully completed sw-version: 10.1.9; app-version: 8635-7675

From Panorama system logs, I can see the below:

Vm-auth-key 656xxxxxxxxxxx successfully authenticated for bootstrapped device 4D18xxxxxxxxxxx

However, the devices still don't show as registered devices on Panorama. The template name and device group names specified in the init-cfg file have already been configured on the Panorama.

I can't seem to identify why all other steps appear to be complete but the firewalls just don't show up on Panorama.

Has anyone experienced this?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Decided to create the S3 bucket, IAM role and policies instead of using the Palo Alto bootstrap terraform module. It now works as expected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Decided to create the S3 bucket, IAM role and policies instead of using the Palo Alto bootstrap terraform module. It now works as expected.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!