PANOS 10.2.4 VPC endpoint to interface mapping issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PANOS 10.2.4 VPC endpoint to interface mapping issue

L1 Bithead

Just installed a new VM-Series Virtual NextGen Firewall w/ Threat Prevention - Bundle1 AWS.

Used the "request plugins vm_series aws gwlb associate .." command to link up some Gateway load balancer endpoints with the subinterfaces. 

When I used the show plugins vm_series aws gwlb to check the mapping, I realized that the output randomly switch some interfaces and endpoints around. the follow diagram shown 2 consecutives run of the cmd.

KimSiah_0-1695631865431.png

I have an older version running on PANOS 8.0, which has no such problem. Also notice a higher CPU usage in this new FW compared to the old one even without any traffic. They are running on same machine type of m4.large. 

Is this a problem with this new version or need some setup which I have missed ?

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Seem like it does not affect the functionality, hopefully it is only a display problem. 

it will impact traffic.

Software Version 10.2.4-h4

AP_Peter@EC2_IHHGRP_UAT_FW_PA-1> show plugins vm_series aws gwlb

GWLB enabled : True
Overlay Routing : True
================================================
VPC endpoint Interface
================================================
vpce-0aa6a6d27cac9ed07 ethernet1/2.20
ethernet1/2.20 vpce-04c255eeaee79a9d6
vpce-0bae20a5580c5b6d8 ethernet1/2.10
ethernet1/2.10 vpce-0c7099d53c2542fd2
vpce-0c8390a7e31bae12 ethernet1/2.1

AP_Peter@EC2_IHHGRP_UAT_FW_PA-1>

L1 Bithead
Software Version 11.0.0

it has same issue.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!