Site-to-Site IPSEC between AWS and Azure (VM-Series)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Site-to-Site IPSEC between AWS and Azure (VM-Series)

L0 Member

I am trying to setup an IPSEC Site-to-Site VPN between our azure and aws environment, both of which have VM-300 series fw's running. I am able to get the tunnel up and see traffic coming across the link, but when i try and reach a resource on either end via PING/TRACE etc.. there is no response. I see the requests for the traffic in the PA going in/out the correct interfaces, but it seems like once its hits the vnet/subnet in Azure/AWS it just dies.

Is the configuration supported, or would it require setting up the respective cloud native VPN components (which i really dont want to). We would prefer to send everything directly through the PA's. 

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

determined its supported, since after double checking the security groups on AWS found that the allow rules for Azure traffic were missing. Now I am able to come across the link from Azure and connect to/ping resources in AWS. Still unable to ping/connect to any resources in Azure though from AWS..ive checked out route tables and nsg's in azure and all appears to be ok though..thoughts?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!