Show results only with matching fields from two different queries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Show results only with matching fields from two different queries

L0 Member

I am trying to combine the results from two queries, one using dataset=xdr_data and one from preset=xdr_file. But, I only want to see the results when the same "agent_hostname" appears in both queries. In other words IF agent_hostname from filtered xdr_data = agent_hostname from filtered preset, show me all the results with those agent_hostnames from each query. 

How would I go about staging this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Hi @balazshajdu 

You can use the Join stage to do so. The join() stage combines the results of two queries into a single result set.  The default type is inner, 

inner: Returns all the records in common between the queries that are being joined. This is the default join type.

However, not sure if your example is just for demo or it is your actual use case, the reason is that agent_hostname filed is the same in both sources you have in reference, this is because preset = xdr_file is part of the bigger dataset dataset = xdr_data , so i recommend doing the matching on fields other than the hostname, but nonetheless, whatever field you choose you can use the syntax below and changes it accordingly to fit your use case

dataset = xdr_data
// here add your filters/ stages, the next step is to do the Join as below

| join type = inner ( preset = xdr_file ) as presetjoin presetjoin.agent_hostname = agent_hostname
| fields agent_hostname , * // here define the fields you want to show in your result table

Hope that helps and shed some light, please let me know if any and if that answers your question, feel free to mark this as accepted solution so others can benefit from.

Best,
Zee

Z
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!