Edit Splunk Search Output

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Edit Splunk Search Output

L2 Linker

Hi,
I am running a query in splunk search automation, The output I am getting includes too many brackets. I want to edit the output and I want to further use that output in different task.

Can anyone please suggest how can I edit the splunk search output.

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hi @Himangi ,

You can use Transformers for that purpose. You can use !Set command to do desired changes on the output and set the results to the another key. If you share the output and desired format, I will try to help you.

Hi @gyldz 

So I am using this query index=windows EventCode=4625 user=user1| stats values(Account_Domain) as Account_Domain values(name) as Reason dc(_time) as LoginFailedCount

and I am getting the result as 
[{"Account_Domain":"Test","LoginFailedCount":"24","Reason":["An account failed to log on","User name is correct but the password is wrong"]}]

I want to edit this output by removing brackets. I want the result as below:

Account_Domain:Test

LoginFailedCount:24

Reason:An account failed to log on,User name is correct but the password is wrong

L4 Transporter

Hi,

You can use stripchars transformer as below. It will remove the double quotes and then XSOAR will parse it as a dictionary.

gyldz_0-1697184701912.png

gyldz_1-1697184721133.png

Hi @gyldz 

Thankyou for replying.

I tried the above automation and I am getting error as failed to parse argument and that particular task is getting paused.

L4 Transporter

Hi @Himangi ,

can you also show Splunk.Result in context data?

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!