RQL to check ALL the virtual machines and service accounts in differents clouds. Prisma Cloud

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

RQL to check ALL the virtual machines and service accounts in differents clouds. Prisma Cloud

L1 Bithead

Hello Community. 

I need your help. I need a RQL in prisma cloud to check ALL my virtual machines and service accounts. The RQL should be work to GCP, AWS, Azure and OCI cloud. 
It's possible? I wanna check in a new custom policy all my VMs and service accounts. Hope you can help me. 
Regards. 

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Hello, not via RQL, but with the newly revamped platform, you can choose a asset-based query within investigate and perform that. (screenshot below)

bpachauli_0-1711039912188.png

Cloud Security Architect @Prisma Cloud Customer Success

L1 Bithead

After worked with CES palo alto. I found the below RQLs: 

The RQLs for the four cloud types would be (Virtual Machine):
1- event from cloud.audit_logs where cloud.type = 'aws' AND crud IN ( 'create', 'update', 'delete' ) and operation matches 'Instance'

2- event from cloud.audit_logs where cloud.type = 'azure' AND crud IN ( 'create', 'update', 'delete' ) AND operation matches 'virtual machine'

3- event from cloud.audit_logs where cloud.type = 'gcp' AND crud IN ( 'create', 'update', 'delete' ) and operation matches 'compute.instance'

4- OCI does not support even based RQLs, hence the RQL that we could come up with is:
config from cloud.resource where cloud.type = 'oci' AND api.name = 'oci-compute-instance'

And Service Accounts: 

OCI:
config from cloud.resource where cloud.type = 'oci' AND cloud.service = 'OCI IAM' AND api.name = 'oci-iam-user' AND json.rule = (apiKeys[*] is not empty or authTokens[*] is not empty)
Azure:
config from cloud.resource where cloud.type = 'azure' AND api.name = 'azure-active-directory-app-registration' AND json.rule = servicePrincipalLockConfiguration exists

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!