Vulnerability in PA?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Vulnerability in PA?

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We just received info about this vulneraability:

https://github.com/Netflix/security-bulletins/blob/master/advisories/third-party/2019-001.md

So we would like to know if PA appliances are impacted?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

L7 Applicator

Hi @BigPalo 

I have opened a case to ask for this information.

L7 Applicator

3 hours and this high priority case is still in the support queue ...

L7 Applicator

The PAN-OS team is curently investigating ... as soon more informations become available I assume PaloAlto will also write an official public statement.

Plesase let us know if you hear back from support!

Please, let me know the response from TAC.

As soon as I receive more information I'll write an update here ...

(This is NOT official: I can not imagine that Paloalto is not affected by this)

We will wait until TAC response. Thanks

Any update about Palo Alto TAC?

Unfortunately still no news here ... I asked again ...

L7 Applicator

TAC still did not answer in my support case. But for PAN-OS 7.1 an update (7.1.24) was released some minutes ago where these vulnerabilities are fixed. Because of that I am even more sure that these vulnerabilties also affect the newer PAN-OS versions. I assume in the next hours/days updates for PAN-OS 8.0/8.1 and 9.0 will be released...

L7 Applicator

L7 Applicator

Just to go full circle, a fix is also present in 9.0.2-h5 for whoever has jumped the gravy train and is running 9.0 in a production environment. 

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!