Agent interface display language

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Agent interface display language

L2 Linker

Hey All, has anyone had to ever "set" a default language for the agent interface for a select group of users? 

Ideally, I would like to flip all endpoints from a specific location to French. 

If this is NOT possible, is there a way to set the language from install?

Thank you,
Joe

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Hi @Joe_Carissimo

Yes, I guess the value will be just added after you change it for the first time. It should be no problem to just add it with GPO preferences or script.

Give it a try and let us know if it's working 😉 I didn't test it by myself.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Dear @Joe_Carissimo 

Hope you are doing well, and thank you for reaching out to Live Community. From the above query I understand that you are looking to configure or change the language on end user's interface to French. 

Please note that language selection happens automatically based on the OS default language where the installation takes place, however, as far as I am aware we do not have any such configurations from the portal which could automate the change of the language on the end users machines. Thank you. 

If you feel this has answered your query, please let us know by clicking on "mark this as a Solution". Thank you.

L1 Bithead

Hi @Joe_Carissimo

Just set the following registry value to "fr-FR" by GPO preferences or script for these users: HKCU\Software\Palo Alto Networks\Traps\Localization

Hope that helps. Best Regards

Hi @Rocky-25, thanks so much for your feedback on this. The question I have now is that in my registry settings I do not have anything in that Traps location. Do you think that is because we are using the default - USA (English)??

Let me know if you think it's as simple as just adding that key?
Regards,
Joe

L1 Bithead

Hi @Joe_Carissimo

Yes, I guess the value will be just added after you change it for the first time. It should be no problem to just add it with GPO preferences or script.

Give it a try and let us know if it's working 😉 I didn't test it by myself.

Best Regards

L2 Linker

@Rocky-25 thank you so much for this. It is working as we intended. We are using Live Terminal to run the registry command and flip the language for a select group of users.

Really appreciate it.
Joe👏🏼

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!