Cortex XDR agents upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR agents upgrade

L2 Linker

Hello everybody,

Is Cortex XDR agents auto upgrade recommended? We enabled agent auto upgrade at the moment. But we worry this can cause some problems in future.  Can anybody give suggestions about this situation?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi Orkan,

I would say, it depends on the organizations change control and upgrade strategy. Some environment that i worked with, have auto upgrade enabled and some have more conservative approach. Basically there is canary/pilot group (IT group themselves) have auto upgrade setup for certain # of weeks for evaluation and testing,  then next change control after is where they will roll out the auto upgrade setting. 

Also you still have options below depending on your strategy (upgrade process)

jcandelaria_0-1635191466701.png

L3 Networker

I only do the minor release automatically. 

having said that I do test out new versions on key assets (servers, workstations, supported builds of win10 and apple).

Once I am ready to roll out a major version I use either the platform to push to my different sites or sometimes manually and sometimes, use the auto update feature only to turn it off once I have my assets on the new version I am going for.

I have found that using the auto update feature sometimes will just stop working for whatever reason (kind of annoying).

I then have to go back to my RMM tool and ensure that it is installing that new version for new/freshly imaged assets.

Hey Frances,

How's your network in general meaning Do you have plenty of bandwidth? Also there is any broker VM involved in your setup?

On the other hand the issue you were mentioning it's between 7.0 and 7.3 which are end of life at the moment ... Is this happening as well between 7.5 and 7.7?

Thanks,

Silviu

Silviu-Mihail Dascalu

L1 Bithead

Hello All,

Is there any recommended configurations for auto upgrade agent? Do we need to disable the agent tampering when applying these changes.

Also is there anyone having observations regarding failed system while upgrade do they revert back to old version in connected state or we need to reinstall them again manually.

Thanks in advance.

L0 Member

Tengo configurado en tenant para realizar actualizaciones automaticamente, lo realizo 2 veces, actualmente(7.7.3.9739) en este momento existen 2 versiones nuevas(7.8.0.64267 y 7.8.1.11343) y la actualizacion en los endpoint no se ha realizado. Tengo esta actualizacion configurada para que ejecute con la ultima version del agente estable.

Saludos y Gracias!!

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!