communication of vlan interfaces not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

communication of vlan interfaces not working

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I have two firewalls connected over "L2 Line" from our ISP.

We would like to use this line to route between our two sites instead of IPSec tunnel.
On this line I can use vlans from 1-100 for communication.

On both firewalls I created L2 interface with tagged sub-interface from this range.

Then I created vlan interface with IP address and same tag as the L2 sub-interface.

L2 sub-interface and vlan interface are in the same vlan.

On both firewalls vlan interface has Management profile set for this IP address range and ping allowed.

No policy is blocking this traffic on both firewalls(confirmed by Traffic monitor)

When I tried ping with selecting source IP to be the vlan interface and host the opposite vlan interface on the second firewall, ping is not working.

Can you point me if I am missing something in this config or what else to check? I would like to be sure that I did all I can before I will go to ISP with assumption that maybe the L2 line is not working as expected.

Thank you for help

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!