firewall capture feature packet size Exceed interface default mtu

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

firewall capture feature packet size Exceed interface default mtu

L3 Networker

Customer firewall 3220, version: 10.2.4

Firewall interface mut defaults to :1500. Jumpo function not enabled。

Question 1: When a firewall receives a TCP packet with a load of 1800 bytes (the df bit of the packet is not set),

I understand that the firewall will fragment the packet into 1500+300 and then forward it. At the same time, when capturing packets on the wall, I cannot catch this 1800 byte packet or 1500 byte packet ?

Is this my understanding correct?

In addition, under the global count statistics

Flow_ Fwd_ MTU_ Exceeded  and flow_ipfrag_refrag_mtu  These two value of mtu will increase

Question 2: When the firewall receives a TCP fragment packet with a load of 1800 bytes (the df bit of the packet is not set), I understand that the firewall will continue to fragment the packet into 1500+300 and then forward it. At the same time, when capturing packets on the wall, it cannot capture this 1800 byte packet or the 1500 byte packet,

Statistics in global count

Flow_ Fwd_ MTU_ Exceeded  and flow_ipfrag_refrag_mtu  These two value of mtu will increase

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!