cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Management interface connection to sucuri.net

L1 Bithead

Hello,

The management interface from our PA-3260 suddenly tries to connect to 192.124.249.36 on port 80 web-browsing. 192.124.249.36 seems to be part of a CDN registered to Sucuri.net. Is this expected behavior, what service is this for?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @adminglu ,

Looking at Reverse IP lookup for 192.124.249.36 - SecurityTrails

it looks like this is a CRL/OCSP URL for GoDaddy.

aleksandarastardzhiev_0-1699971091818.png

It is expected firewall to make connections to public CRL and OCSP URLs to validate the status of public certificates. I can think of few reason from top of my head:

- Lots of Palo Alto cloud services are using GoDaddy certificates, like update servers, telemetry servers (for AIOps), Data Lake logging

- Decryption rule (no matter if decrypt or no-decrypt) applying decryption profile, which block connection when server cert is revoked.

- Syslog Server using syslog over TLS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @adminglu ,

Looking at Reverse IP lookup for 192.124.249.36 - SecurityTrails

it looks like this is a CRL/OCSP URL for GoDaddy.

aleksandarastardzhiev_0-1699971091818.png

It is expected firewall to make connections to public CRL and OCSP URLs to validate the status of public certificates. I can think of few reason from top of my head:

- Lots of Palo Alto cloud services are using GoDaddy certificates, like update servers, telemetry servers (for AIOps), Data Lake logging

- Decryption rule (no matter if decrypt or no-decrypt) applying decryption profile, which block connection when server cert is revoked.

- Syslog Server using syslog over TLS.

Thank you for your response. One thing that might be related is that we recently installed a device certificate from Palo Alto following their recent advisory: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/customer-advisories/emergency-update-required-pan-os-root-and-d...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!