PALO ALTO 200 takes time to fail over

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PALO ALTO 200 takes time to fail over

L2 Linker

Hi All,

We have a OLD Palo Alto 200 on one of our sites in OKI. We performed an annual fail over test last week.

Here is what happened which is weird on panorama Secondary Firewall is showing as a Primary and it was on color red while the primary is not. I know the license is not renewed.

So we test the fail over we shut the Secondary ISP and it fail over to primary ISP then we test everything and it works and we plug back the power on Secondary ISP. We shut the primary ISP, but the secondary didn't take over , no internet on site ,we can't connect on VPN and I can't ping the MGMT IP of CORE switches and Palo Alto FW. it says TTL expired. I know its not a routing issue but a hardware issue like waht happened on our site in YOK.

West the Fail over on Palo alto. We shut the secondary, the primary didn't take over and we waited for 15 minutes nothing happened. I check the lights on PA and no lights on HA, TMP,STAT I know this is a hardware issue so we decided to plug back the secondary and still we don't have internet.  Since 20 minutes is passed by we decided to shut all the devices. 

We waited for 10 minutes then we turn back on the ISP1, CORE1, PA PRI then still site is down waited for 15 minutes and nothing happens. We powered back the ISP2,CORE2, Secondary PA  and then waited for 20 minutes and boom the internet got restored finally because I was doing a continues ping on the MGMT IP.

So I suggested to my leads to replace it with a new model instead. If you encounter this error please let me know the troubleshooting steps you did.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!