Power Supply Comparison - PA-220 vs PA-440

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Power Supply Comparison - PA-220 vs PA-440

L0 Member

Hello, all -

We have several remote locations running about a dozen PA-220 FW units which we are replacing with PA-440s. I would prefer to make this as painless as possible and may even have the non-technical onsite staff do the hardware swap. I'm just having a bit of a quandary when it comes to the power supplies. The spec sheets are a little ambiguous and I want to make sure I have redundant power for each device. Where I'm getting confused is the output wattage. Ideally, I would like to leave the power supplies for the 220s in place and just add a single supply that shipped with the 440s, but I'm less than confident given the info I was able to find on the spec sheets:

220: 1.75A@12VDC Max 25W Average 21W

440: 2.5A@12VDC Max 30W (no average listed)

So it appears we will need to order additional power supplies unless the ones that shipped with the 220s were over spec and would work for both. It's not the end of the world; we have to order rack trays anyway since the 440 units don't fit into the old 440 trays (thanks a lot for that one, by the way, PaloAlto). Thoughts?

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!