Agentless scanning on Google Cloud platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Agentless scanning on Google Cloud platform

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.

Anyone using Agentless scanning for their GCP env? I have a GCP environment with some restrictions ie org policies applied for skip default network creation, external IPs not allowed (but exempted for test project). the service account has appropriate permission (Permissions by feature (paloaltonetworks.com) for Agentless configuration & followed the steps mentioned for cloud account on-boarding for agentless.

Prisma Cloud's is able to create VM automatically, stays running for approx. an hour but doesn't show any vulnerability and compliance report. I would like to know if someone has configured Agentless scanning in their production environment and suggest me what to check i,e any required permissions, rules (firewall/ routes) etc. or if someone can share the best practice/ steps for GCP specific?

- No issue with Azure.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hello ASachan1,

Can you please share agentless logs post scan and also share instance log on the VM that is created while it is scanning?

Above requested information, will help me get more information.

Regards,

Umer Sheikh | Technical Support Engineer - Prisma Cloud Compute | PCCSE, AWS - Associate Architect

L1 Bithead

It would also help to get information on what you actually get when you 

1. Go to 
Monitor > Vulnerabilities > Hosts

2. Click on the Filter hosts text bar.

3. Select the Scanned by filter.

4. Select the Agentless filter.

You can also find the steps listed here:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-cloud/22-06/prisma-cloud-compute-edition-admin/confi...

Kishwar Firdaus | Customer Success Engineer - PrismaCloud
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!