Asset Inventory not reflecting after AWS account addtion

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Asset Inventory not reflecting after AWS account addtion

L0 Member

All,

I am new to the prisma cloud world. I am working on trying to understand the CSPM and CWP aspects of prisma for a POC I need to do for a customer. 

However after successful account addtion the assets are not getting reflected.

Any help or potential reasons for the above anomaly will be very helpful.

Thanks

vinaj

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Assuming the account has been successfully added, meaning you have green tick marks on all sections when you check under Settings->Cloud accounts -> Status for the cloud account, then it should be just a matter of waiting a while for the resources to start showing up. Also ensure you don't have any filters active under the Inventory->Assets section, which might prevent you from seeing the resources there. Usually resources should show up within 30 minutes after cloud account onboarding, but it can take longer as well. If it takes more than 1h though, then you probably have some other problem going on in the setup.

Another potential gotcha is that Prisma Cloud does not in fact support detecting _all_ cloud resources regardless of vendor. You can see which API's it's currently ingesting from the documentation under onboarding a cloud account: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-cloud/prisma-cloud-admin/connect-your-cloud-platform... Each cloud vendor has a section called "XXX APIs ingested by prisma cloud", e.g. for AWS it would be https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-cloud/prisma-cloud-admin/connect-your-cloud-platform...

If you're still not seeing your resources, try creating a resource in the cloud account you're trying to onboard that you're certain should show up in Prisma Cloud with minimal config, e.g. create a S3 bucket or an Azure SQL Database. Then see if that shows up. If this also fails to show up then there is probably something wrong with the account onboarding. I'd try removing and re-adding the account.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!