Is the Palo Alto Prisma Cloud WAAS a host based WAF or a Runtime Application Self Protection (RASP) solution?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is the Palo Alto Prisma Cloud WAAS a host based WAF or a Runtime Application Self Protection (RASP) solution?

L6 Presenter

Hello,

I was curious if is the Palo Alto Prisma Cloud WAAS just a host based WAF or a Runtime Application Self Protection (RASP) solution? My idea is that RASP is getting popular as way to block 0 day server web attacks even without signatures using behavour patterns but I do not know if the Palo Alto WAAS is a WAF, RASP or the two at the same time.

If it is just a WAF maybe if it can be integrated with Cortex XDR then it can monitor also behaviour if such intergation is possible?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

After talking with some people that work with XDR, there is a new XDR agent for clouds that is installed separately than the Prisma Cloud Defender and WaaS on the hosts (virtual machines, containers, kubernetes). The WaaS is a full featured WAF and the XDR agent is adding extra protections but not a RASP but I still can't decide if RASP is better than a WAF, so this is under review if RASP is needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

After talking with some people that work with XDR, there is a new XDR agent for clouds that is installed separately than the Prisma Cloud Defender and WaaS on the hosts (virtual machines, containers, kubernetes). The WaaS is a full featured WAF and the XDR agent is adding extra protections but not a RASP but I still can't decide if RASP is better than a WAF, so this is under review if RASP is needed.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!