Remove deleted containers from results

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Remove deleted containers from results

L0 Member

Hello I have two very simple questions! 😉

When I push image to registry and run the scanner the results in the UI exists but when I delete the image from registry and scan it again the result for removed container still exists. Is it possible to remove results for deleted containers?
I know that they will remove themselves after 24 hours but can we force it when scans run again?

And the second one. Is it possible to create for example collection or filter images from registry by image tag? For example I have images with tag

imagename:test00
imagename2:test01

How can filter by collection or by filter input by tag test? Or exclude images from different than 'test' tag?

Thank you for you answers! 😊

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Sooo, we explored Prisma Cloud for the last few days and we are impressed but of course sometimes something going not that as we expected 😉

I installed few defenders on few kubernetes nodes (different clusters etc.) but everything I can see (scren) is not what I expected. As we tested Prisma few months ago that functionality worked fine but when we back before we start our open tender - for refresh knowledge, and collect summary - it's not working right now.

We have communication between Nodes/Defenders and our Prisma instance so network work fine. It doesn't matter where the cluster is located (we have few locations so that functionality isn't working for each of them).

Any ideas what can be wrong / misconfigured?

Karol_Zacharski_2-1688995525624.png

L1 Bithead

Hello,

1) There's a setting that controls the retention period for deleted images. This is under Compute -> Manage -> Scan -> Registry scan results. Adjust this to your desired value. Range is between 1 and 30 days.

2) For Collections, you can use cloud tags for image registries to create collections scoped for registry images. You would use the Label option. You can use some regex to configure the collection as needed. See the second link below.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-cloud/prisma-cloud-admin-compute/configure/collectio...

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-cloud/prisma-cloud-admin-compute/configure/rule_orde...

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!