Enhanced Security Measures in Place:   To ensure a safer experience, we’ve implemented additional, temporary security measures for all users.

REST Api: Filtering response fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

REST Api: Filtering response fields

L0 Member

I'll like to have a real way to filter the fields I want in the responses from the REST Api.

Sadly, at the moment, it's almost impossible to decide which fields the response will include.

My situation is that I have to get all the deployed images from my company, using the Get Image Scan Results | Develop with Palo Alto Networks endpoint. We have 5898 images as of this discussion.

The compact option, or fields parameter values, are not useful as I need the vulnerabilities from the image.

Since I can't pick which fields to receive, to be able to get 50 images per call I need to set my client response size to 50ish megabytes!! A little absurd to transfer that much data when it should not be required.

That's a lot of data for what I actually need and the response for 50 images is kinda slow, taking around 2 seconds per call. I will need 118 calls to get them all which would take approximately 8 minutes.

Reducing the fields in the response might not speed up the call but it would at least reduce, significantly, the size of the response.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!