cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Winget Command

L0 Member

Hello dear Community,

I have the following problem: I can’t use the Win-Get command on the XDR terminal in Cortex. Can someone help me to make this command executable on the PowerShell XDR terminal.

FRafuna_0-1723637086115.png

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi @F.Rafuna, thanks for reaching us using the LiveCommunity.

Looks like the "winget" app command is not configured as a system path environmental variable. The live terminal runs as SYSTEM, and that's why it is not found.

You can move to the winget.exe folder using "cd" and then run the winget.exe from there, and if needed you can check the Microsoft documentation to add it as a full system env variable. This same thing can happen with some other "new" Windows 10-11 commands.

If this post answers your question, please mark it as the solution.

JM

Hi 
I am trying to install software with the winget command in the remote terminal and it is not allowed, I tried to allocate winget.exe to c:\windows\system32 but it is not allowed
while installing any program with winget directly on localhost is possible
thnx

L1 Bithead

Hi @F.Rafuna

WinGet should be located somewhere under "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps". As mentioned previously this path is not configured as a system path environmental variable.

Try to allocate the file and run it afterwards:

Rocky25_0-1724848156614.png

Best Regards

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!