Issues while using Expedition while migrating from Sidewinder to PANOS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Issues while using Expedition while migrating from Sidewinder to PANOS

L1 Bithead

Hi there

I am trying to migrate a Sidewinder 8.3.2 patch 11 with more than 1000 rules.

I extracted the data using:

cf interface q > config_sidewinder.txt 
cf service q >> config_sidewinder.txt 
cf servicegroup q >> config_sidewinder.txt
cf policy q >> config_sidewinder.txt
cf route q >> config_sidewinder.txt 
cf ipaddr q >> config_sidewinder.txt
cf iprange q >> config_sidewinder.txt 
cf subnet q >> config_sidewinder.txt 
cf netmap q >> config_sidewinder.txt 
cf domain q >> config_sidewinder.txt
cf static q >> config_sidewinder.txt
cf netgroup q >> config_sidewinder.txt
cf application q >> config_sidewinder.txt
cf appgroup q >> config_sidewinder.txt
cf host q >> config_sidewinder.txt

All the outputs where stored in a file names config_sidewinder.txt as indicated.

After this I used PASTE FROM CLIPBOARD, as expected all the outputs where palced on the white window and the tool started to process the outputs.

First thing I tried was to go to the MONITOR tab and look for migration logs errors. I found the below logs which I think they do not show any problem.

I found 817 messages like this.I found 817 messages like this.

Since everything says no action required I went to the next section which is to verify the rules. All the rules in my project are completly wide open. Below there is a picture showing the issue.

There are more than 1000 rules configured identicallyThere are more than 1000 rules configured identically

After this, I decided to verify my objects and discovered that all my objects and services are not in use. This is obvious because the rules do not have any service configured. All services and addresses seemed to be not generated correctly because everytime I try to open them I see the below error message and I cannot edit them.

Address objectAddress object

Service without any valueService without any valueHow to make this work?

Why services, addresses and routes  are without any value?

Could you please provide a demo/video that explains the process?

Thank you very much for your time.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!