Is it possible to login to the passive device in HA without using mgmt port?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L1 Bithead

Hi.

Is console port only approach?

Is there  no approach to login to the passive device in ha except mgt-port or cosole-port?

plese tell me...

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator
Console and management interface are the only options. If firewall are in Acitve-active then we may use data interface to access firewall.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator
Console and management interface are the only options. If firewall are in Acitve-active then we may use data interface to access firewall.

Thank you very much for your help.

You may be able to SSH from the active device to the passive device.  I found this out when I didn't want to use the MGMT interfaces.  I quickly found out using MGMT interfaces was much, much better.

I think this worked with my PA-200s, because their MGMT port/address is also the HA port/address.  This did not work with my PA-3020s which have dedicated HA ports.

For example, if there is a management profile on the inside interface that allows SSH.  You can SSH into the active device only using the inside IP.  You can then hop into the passive device using the HA peer IP.

My apologies for the late reply.

My device which is PA-5050 will not work.....

Thank you for the valuable information!

L1 Bithead

am not able get the console of passive device in the HA

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!